UFCS in template function

ixid nuaccount at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 14:28:40 PDT 2013

UFCS does not work in this template where the normal function
call syntax will work:

template test(alias fun) {
	auto test(T)(T n) {
		return n.fun;

Is this the same as the inability to use UFCS with functions
declared in the same scope as the call? Is there no way to
address this issue without messing with calling class members
(that is what I understand to be the reason for the limitation on
UFCS, I may have misunderstood). It also prevents the use of
function literals in UFCS chains which seems like a great pity
and the loss of what should be a very natural part of the
language.