About compiler memory consumption

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Thu Dec 5 05:49:50 PST 2013

On Thursday, 5 December 2013 at 04:02:58 UTC, Puming wrote:
> There maybe another traditional approach, by converting the .dt
> diet templates directly into D source code BEFORE the actuall
> compilation. That is the way many other HTML template systems
> use, and the performance is fairly good.

It is somewhat complicated by the very tight integration between
D handler host and Diet - you can expose D symbols for rendering
context to template. It is still possible to do it that way but
is likely to require more efforts and effectively will just to
the same thing as good JIT-ed CTFE should. I don't like it
because it is too effort-demanding for a quick hack and not
suitable in the long term by design (one of D goals was to remove
reliance on external build steps as much as possible)