Remove function?

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Thu Dec 5 09:36:56 PST 2013

On Thursday, 5 December 2013 at 16:59:50 UTC, seany wrote:
> I dont think i have other problems other than perhaps a bug in
> 2.061 dmd?

I'd definitely recommend upgrading to the latest release
(2.064.2) since it has lots of bug fixes since 2.061. But if your
code is still saying this (your original post):
> /home/apua/Software/dmd/dmd/src/phobos/std/algorithm.d(6992):
> Error: template std.algorithm.move does not match any function
> template declaration. Candidates are:

Then you're probably using your old code somewhere. The stripPars
I've suggested does not use std.algorithm.move at all.

> By the way does your solution edit the physical memory in
> place, or just change the way it is pointed to?

It's just changing the view of the data.

Ali's book covers this stuff in more detail:
http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html

specifically:
http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/slices.html

> in case of the second, is there an appropriate garbage
> collector?

D uses garbage collection by default and it's aware of and fine
with this type of thing.