regading detection of stdin

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 21:42:01 PST 2013

On Friday, 6 December 2013 at 02:41:28 UTC, Hugo Florentino wrote:
> I see... so the "problem" simply was that function readln was
> expecting user input. In that case, this is not what I intended.
> I want the application to receive the stdout of another command
> as stdin, and to detect if nothing is sent.
> How coud I accomplish this?

Then you'll want std.process[1]. This provides functions for
"piping" output[2]. As for detecting output, that can only be
verified once the other process has finished; to handle that it
should be reasonable to execute[3] and check the complete output.

1. http://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html
2. http://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html#.pipeProcess
3. http://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html#.execute