File Picker

Malkierian rhydonj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 20:01:22 PST 2013

On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 02:45:48 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> I wonder if your other DSFML thingy use threads or something...
>
> the GetOpenFileName function blocks until the user makes their
> choice. So that could be stalling the SFML event loop, or maybe
> having threading issues. I don't know. But I get the feeling
> that the problem is one of these two things.

Yes, but like I said, I took DSFML completely out of the project
to do a test compile using only main.d and not linking any
external libs (DSFML, GtkD, or DerelictAL). No special build
instructions or anything in Xamarin, but the first time it's
called, I get that first picture and the second time (after
clicking cancel on the first one it's opened again in the code),
it shows the proper file structure and freezes.  In my regular
setup (not the main.d exclusive test), my program would continue
to work just fine until I called the file chooser a second time.