Type inference and overloaded functions

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Dec 11 12:50:00 PST 2013

Namespace:

> I'm unsure. I'm not that familiar with dmd at all, so maybe
> some more advanced guy like Kenji should review my code and
> create an own, better pull.

In that code there is both the [$] and the []s syntaxes. So it's
better to submit them as two separated pull requests for the D
front-end.

Lately Kenji seems a little less active, but he will probably be
glad to review your code, fix it, etc.

> What do you mean?

Walter said that dmd 2.065 is meant only as bug-fix release
(expecially ICEs) so no "significant" language enhancement
requests will be added in dmd 2.065, and they have to wait for
dmd 2.066. But dmd 2.065 is supposed to end quicker, so we will
not wait a lot of time.

> Not yet tested, but I will. :)

(Issue 3849 also suggests the "..." syntax inside array literals
to fulfill a narrow corner case that Walter seems to appreciate.
I think it's not an important syntax.)

Bye,
bearophile