File Picker

Jeremy DeHaan dehaan.jeremiah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 01:56:47 PST 2013

On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 03:17:29 UTC, Malkierian wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 December 2013 at 03:42:10 UTC, Malkierian wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 10 December 2013 at 02:05:12 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know if this is your problem exactly, but the Gtk+
>>> installer on the GtkD website(http://gtkd.org/download.html)
>>> is for 3.8.1, so maybe something has been updated since then?
>>>
>>> You could also open an issue on GtkD's github
>>> repo(https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD) if you continue
>>> to experience problems with it.
>>
>> LOL, that was the version I was replacing with the 3.6.4 stuff
>> XD.  And I already made a post on their forum about it.
>
> So guess what?  I just recently was trying to troubleshoot
> GtkD, and in the process I removed the bin folders for the
> 64-bit versions of TortoiseGit and TortioseSVN from my PATH,
> and when I switch back over to my other source set (the one
> with the file chooser from here) suddenly the windows generic
> chooser works fine.  I had to remove those two bin folders from
> the path because, despite it being a 32-bit application, it was
> apparently loading (or trying to load) a specific driver from
> those folders that was messing everything up.
>
> So is this 32/64-bit crossover thing a bug in D, or is it just
> a phantom random weird thing that was happening with my setup?

Mixing 32 bit code with 64 bit libraries, or vice versa, is (from
what I have read) not usually a good thing and is not specific to
the D language. If your program found a dll with the same name
for one it is looking for I think it just goes for it. I have no
idea if Windows can or does try to verify how many bits a library
has before it loads it.