updating druntime

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Dec 13 08:00:56 PST 2013

Am Thu, 12 Dec 2013 20:29:31 +0100
schrieb "Benji" <romanbeno273 at gmail.com>:

> On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 19:11:03 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> > On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 16:44:28 UTC, Benji wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >> when I try to compile something with dmd,
> >> I get following message:
> >>
> >> /usr/include/dmd/phobos/std/bitmanip.d(416): Error: undefined
> >> identifier '_xopCmp'
> >> Error: ICE: _xopCmp not found in object module. You must
> >> update druntime
> >>
> >> How to 'update druntime' ?
> >
> > how did you install dmd/druntime/phobos originally?
>
> As it is mentioned in installation instructions to the dmd
> (linux-ubuntu)

Did you use the .deb file? It shouldn't produce such a
version mismatch. Did you install over a previous installation
and possibly have some leftover files from the old DMD version?

I'd say format c: and start over with the installation of DMD.
In any case, if you didn't install from the GitHub sources
this error message should not appear and someone who isn't
hacking on DMD does not have to update druntime manually.

--
Marco