how to detect OS architecture?

John Colvin john.loughran.colvin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 03:59:52 PST 2013

On Monday, 16 December 2013 at 11:56:07 UTC, Hugo Florentino
wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:40:17 +0100, MrSmith wrote:
>>> version(Windows) {
>>>      // Windows code goes here
>>> } else {
>>>     // Other OS code goes here
>>> }
>>>
>>> More here: http://dlang.org/version.html
>>
>> I think he wants determine at runtime what architecture x86 or
>> x64
>> processor supprots and launch appropriate executable.
>>
>> I think this is what he want
>> http://dlang.org/phobos/core_cpuid.html#.isX86_64
>
> Thanks, that's precisely what I needed :)

Are you sure?

This will tell you about the processor, but not necessarily about
what the OS supports. I don't know, but you may find that when
using windows 32bit on an x64 machine, cpuid will tell you the
cpu is 64bit, but the OS won't let you run any 64bit code.