tango -D2 regex

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 09:27:50 PST 2013

16-Dec-2013 12:06, seany пишет:
> On Monday, 16 December 2013 at 07:56:53 UTC, evilrat wrote:
>

>> have you tried look the docs first?
>>
>> phobos regex patterns described here
>> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_regex.html
>
> The only mention of backtrack is : bmatch
> it returns a regex object with a machine state, and last match, but it
> is still not telling me how to actually do a backtrack match.

Docs don't state anything like that. It finds _first_ match and returns
full state so that you may continue matching or just look at the current
match.

Backtracking is purely irrelevant technical detail.

> I.e. if i
> know the machine state and a match (in my example, does that mean that
> foo is returned as a match or does it mean thatbaz /bar is returned as a
> match, and the next attempt will match the bar/baz - if not, then what
> is the call sequence? bmatch (match bar/baz) then match FOO, then again
> try to match what bmatch returned?)

Simply put match/bmatch will return a range of matches as they are found
in the input. Each match is, in turn, a random access range that
contains full match, followed by each sub-match in the pattern.

--
Dmitry Olshansky