package.d

Leandro Motta Barros lmb at stackedboxes.org
Wed Dec 18 01:41:46 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 6:56 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling <
joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net> wrote:

> On 17/12/13 01:51, Leandro Motta Barros wrote:
>
>> I have some code using the old "all.d" idiom, which I am changing to use
>> the new
>> "package.d" feature.
>>

> Related question -- it seems like rdmd doesn't like package-based code,
> and can't resolve dependencies as it can with regular modules.  Is there
> any kind of timeframe/roadmap for fixing this?

With these simple examples I sent, rdmd seem to resolve dependecies
correctly. For example, with this last example I sent (which prints the
class name):

$ rdmd main.d
mylib.util.Foo

$ dmd main.d
main.o: In function `_Dmain':
main.d:(.text._Dmain+0xb): undefined reference to
`_D5mylib4util3Foo7__ClassZ'
--- errorlevel 1

$ dmd main.d mylib/util.d
$ ./main
mylib.util.Foo

In this case, at least, rdmd correctly resolved, compiled and linked
mylib/util.d, which was imported through a package.

LMB