Wrong output of quotes in Windows (encoding?)

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 14:11:32 PST 2013

On 12/18/2013 01:17 PM, Hugo Florentino wrote:

 > Changing the codepage worked indeed. Thanks.
 > Now, how could I do that programmatically, so that if my application
 > runs on a system with a different codepage, the output looks correct?

It is not solvable in general because stdout is nothing but a stream
that accepts characters. (Well, UTF-8 code units when it comes to Unicode).

The program can detect or assume that it is running in a console and
change that environment if it is allowed to do so.

Google searches like "change code page console programmatically windows"
produce some answers but I don't have any experience. :)

Ali