Build all at once or…

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Dec 22 04:14:03 PST 2013

On 2013-12-22 11:44, Russel Winder wrote:

> I can see this being so where many files are changed between builds, but
> I am working in a situation where I want to build and run after each
> change of a file. So with large numbers of files only compiling one and
> linking seems faster than compiling all.

There is a big chance this will result in link errors. I don't remember
the exact problems but it's something like DMD doesn't emit template
symbols to all object files it should. You can search these newsgroups
for "incremental complication". It was quite easy to find:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Incremental_compilation_with_DMD_96138.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg