Generating assembly from dmd

Kelet kelethunter at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 06:31:43 PST 2013

On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 14:17:50 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can someone walk me through in a friendly way how to check the
> assembly produced by dmd?  The application in this case is
> checking some new patches to Phobos. It's something I'm not
> familiar with doing in general and particularly not with dmd
> (which doesn't seem to have an assembly-output switch), so I'm
> hoping someone can advise :-)
>
> Thanks & best wishes,
>
>     -- Joe

DMD never discretely generates assembly, which is why there is no
switch. There is obj2asm by Walter, but it is part of the paid
Digital Mars package (AFAIK). objconv[1] should work though, and
it is free.

Alternatively, if you don't mind GDC-generated assembly, you can
do it online quite easily[2].

[1]: http://www.agner.org/optimize/
[2]: http://d.godbolt.org/