Dub and what it does

Alexandr Druzhinin drug2004 at bk.ru
Mon Dec 23 02:25:05 PST 2013

23.12.2013 15:04, Russel Winder пишет:
> For my (very) early stage GtkD program, my SCons script (using "all
> source at once") generates a 6MB executable that works. Dub appears to
> think that it is creating a .a archive and create 142MB of it. So how to
> create an executable with Dub?

I statically build GtkD application using dub and it gives me binary
about 14 Mb in debug mode and stripped binary is about 8 or 6 Mb. But I
built GtkD separately and link against it using the following package.json:

{
     "name": "renderer",
     "targetType": "library",
     "versions": [
         "Derelict3",
         "gl3n",
         ],
     "libs": [
         "gtkd-2",
         "gtkdgl-2",
         "dl",
         "DerelictGL3",
         "DerelictUtil",
         "DerelictFI",
         "gl3n",
         "glamour",
         "curl",
     ],
     "importPaths": [
         "~/.dub/packages/gtk-d-master/src",
         "~/.dub/packages/gtk-d-master/srcgl",
         "~/.dub/packages/derelict-gl3-master/source",
         "~/.dub/packages/derelict-fi-master/source",
         "~/.dub/packages/derelict-util-1.0.0/source",
         "~/.dub/packages/gl3n-master/",
         "~/.dub/packages/glamour/",
     ],
     "configurations": [
         {
             "name": "test",
             "targetType": "executable",
             "sourcePaths": ["test"],
         }
     ]
}

So it's a hack, but it works for me - I have fast compilation at least.
I did the following - fetched packages I need, built every package using
dub and copied libs to /usr/local/lib - probably it's better to use path
to libs instead of copying.