GtkD - how to install

Alexandr Druzhinin drug2004 at bk.ru
Mon Dec 23 08:20:23 PST 2013

23.12.2013 22:52, DLang Beginner пишет:
> On Monday, 23 December 2013 at 13:50:29 UTC, Alexandr Druzhinin wrote:
>> You shouldn't create your app inside gtkd structure. Try the following:
>> cd
>> mkdir test
>> cd test
>> dub init
>> copy ~/Desktop/gtkd/source/app.d ./source/
>> copy ~/Desktop/gtkd/package.json .
>> dub
>>
>> and show what will happen
>
> Yeah, that worked! Application successfully compiled. But when I try
> start it, I'm getting another error because I don't have libgdkglext-3.0
> library.
>
> object.Exception at ../../.dub/packages/gtk-d-master/src/gtkc/Loader.d(127): Library
> load failed: libgdkglext-3.0.so.0
Either build this libraries like me or try to change dependency in
package.json:
	"gtk-d": "~master" => "gtk-d:gtkd": "~master"
You get error because your app try to use opengl extention for gtk, but
this extension isn't provided by default for gtk3. I solved this problem
for me, but I spent much time and frankly can't remember my steps. But
if you don't need opengl you can use only subpackage of gtkd as I write
above.