GDC GCC backend

Mineko uminekorox at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 14:51:43 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 24 December 2013 at 08:24:09 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Mon, 23 Dec 2013 06:20:51 +0000
> schrieb "Mineko" <uminekorox at gmail.com>:
>
>> This one's kinda short..
>>
>> Is it possible to change the variable that gdc finds cc1d?
>>
>> Something like gdc -gcc=/whatever/gcc_backend?
>
> The -B option should do what you want.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Directory-Options.html

Thank you, it seems to have helped the issue, however now there
is another issue that'd I'd like conformation on, as my knowledge
of GDC won't allow me to know what's happening with this.

cannot find source code for runtime library file 'object.d'
        dmd might not be correctly installed. Run 'dmd -man' for
installation instructions.

If I'm not mistaken, this is basically saying GDC needs dmd, or
something from dmd?

As I will be distributing GDC with my application I need to make
GDC as portable as possible, and of course, legal, seeing as I
can't distribute DMD legally, I was considering LDC however if
possible I would like to get GDC working.

Usually, DMD works normally, however with this GDC seems to be
making some call to DMD or one of it's files, that's where I'm
confused.

I appreciate you time and help. :)