windows 8.1 and dirEntries

thedeemon dlang at thedeemon.com
Thu Dec 26 09:17:07 PST 2013

On Thursday, 26 December 2013 at 15:37:01 UTC, Stephen Jones
wrote:
> foreach(string s; dirEntries(directory, SpanMode.shallow)){

Try
   dirEntries(directory, SpanMode.shallow, false)
because the problematic folders you mentioned might be symlinks.

I've got an app which can scan whole drive
(https://bitbucket.org/infognition/undup) and there I used this
way of calling dirEntries and catching FileException was enough
to work fine in Windows 8.1. However I haven't tried yet to
compile with DMD 2.064, some earlier version was used. Which
compiler and what mode (release/debug) did you use?