Which Libraries?

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 23:00:29 PST 2013

On Friday, 27 December 2013 at 05:00:30 UTC, Josh Phillips wrote:
> I was wondering if people could suggest which libraries may be
> best to use for building an application which would be a type of
> text editor with multiple documents and branches. I need
> something whereby I can create simple, custom windows and do
> simple text editing, but then i need it to also handle much more
> complicated graphics in a 3D viewport looking at lots of
> branching documents. I'm not quite sure if something like GtkD
> or
> QtD can handle the more complicated graphics or not, or if it is
> possible to build it with windows, or perhaps trying to make a
> text editor with opengl. I've been looking into different ideas
> and thought i'd try and ask for some advice.

GtkD and QtD are both bindings to my knowledge so they should
have the same power as the library itself.
If you choose to go the route of making a gui lib yourself. Would
you be kind enough to look at mine (DOOGLE[1]). I could use some
help if you want to go that way.

There is also DQuick and DWT.

[1] https://github.com/rikkimax/DOOGLE/wiki/Roadmap