Debug/reduce stack overflow in DMD on Windows

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Mon Dec 30 08:19:11 PST 2013

Am 30.12.2013 14:04, schrieb Jacob Carlborg:
> I've ported one of my projects[1] from D1 to D2 and it works perfectly
> fine on Posix. Now when I try to compile the code on Windows I get a
> stack overflow. I really suck at Windows development, I don't even know
> where to start. Which debugger should I use that can handle the debug
> format DMD is compiled with?
>
> [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm/tree/master

Compile in 64-bit and use Visual Studio or Visual Studio Express to
debug the application. If you want to compile in 32-bit you will need to
run cv2pdb on the generated exectuable before debugging with visual
studio. cv2pdb is part of VisualD which I recommend using for any
windows development.

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut