How to organize using modules?

Afshin davidnia1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 22:01:18 PST 2013

Is it possible to describe modules in terms of packages (as found
in Java)?

The features that Java packages have that I can't seem to get in
D are:
1) You can have classes that are in the same package, but kept in
separate files.
2) You can import many classes using the '*' syntax.

Is this possible in D?

What I understand is that if I have ClassA and ClassB in Module1,
and I want to keep the classes in separate files, then I have to
use the following module statements:

in ClassA:
module Module1.ClassA;

in ClassB:
module Module1.ClassB;

But now it becomes cumbersome to use the classes because now I
have to import them explicitely:

import Module1.ClassA;
import Module1.ClassB;

If I wanted to use:
import Module1;

Then it seems I have to have ClassA and ClassB in the same D file.

Am I missing something?