Tutorial on how to build DMD/druntime/phobos and docs from source?

timewulf timewulf at network-application.de
Fri Feb 1 07:41:31 PST 2013

On 01.02.2013 13:08, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> Have you tried installing LDC?  I consider it by far the friendliest
> install experience of all the D compilers, and if someone was going to
> have a go at reworking the install scripts for DMD, it'd be worth
> following this model.
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source
>
> Personally I recommend using the -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/ldc when
> invoking cmake, as cmake does not by default provide an uninstall
> option, and this is the simplest way to ensure easy removal of what you
> install.

One day before I wanted to try out, I found the ebuild for installing it
out of portage. Now I've got the newest ldc2 from git and the comfort of
my packagemanager.
If there is any error in git-sources, portage will find out during
compile and won't replace the installed version.

With the complete infos to dmd-installation, I'll try to create a new
dmd2.ebuild for installation out of git now. I'll post it, when it is ready.