How to read fastly files ( I/O operation)

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 6 07:40:38 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 February 2013 at 13:20:58 UTC, bioinfornatics
wrote:
> i use both gdc / ldc with "-w -O -release" flags
>
> writeln inside loop is never evaluated as computeLocal boolean
> is always false
>

> Thanks in any case i continue to read all your answer :-)

just to add more information about fastq
http://www.biomedsearch.com/nih/Sanger-FASTQ-file-format-sequences/20015970.html

And here a set of fastq where parser should success or fail
http://www.biomedsearch.com/attachments/00/20/01/59/20015970/gkp1137_nar-02248-d-2009-File005.gz

The problem is a sequence line could be splitted in several line
same for quality line. And if i think it should allow to have in
this lines white space

the @ is used to identify a identifier line
the + is used to identify a description line
but this char could appear as a quality value (ubyte)

I agree the spec format is really bad but it is heavily used in
biology so i would like a fast parser to develop some D
application instead to use C++.

I will try later all previous recommendation thank to all.

It seem in any case is not easy to parse fastly a file in D

Note: is possible to lock a file? to able to use pure method ?