make a nothrow call a throwing function

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 02:06:14 PST 2013

Is there any way that a nothrow function can call a function that
throws, but without even trying to catch if an exception is
thrown?

My use case is a pretty low level nothrow function, that needs to
call something that never ever throws, but was not marked as such.

I want to avoid the "try/catch/[do nothing|assert]" because I
don't want to pay for that. Ideally, i'd really just want to mark
my function as nothrow, and have undefined behavior if it *does*
throw.

Any way to do that?