search of a workaround

monarch_dodra monarchdodra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:43:57 PST 2013

On Saturday, 9 February 2013 at 10:05:21 UTC, Namespace wrote:
>> I that directed at me? I'm not sure how it relates?
>
> Yes, that's a question for you. Why would you take in spite of
> everything still structs rather than classes?

I'm not sure what "in spite of" is. No offense, but you seem to
be the only person having problems with this.

And the workarounds are plenty: My proposal, templatizing for
auto ref, pass by value...

As for classes, they're fine if the object in question is
somewhat big, but it's not a solution for tiny struct, such as
color info or whatnot. In particular, you can't pack classes in a
table, for example.

That said, if you pass everything by value, and make things < 16
bytes structs, and > 16 bytes classes, you should get a good deal.