Using objects that manage threads via std.concurrency

FG home at fgda.pl
Tue Feb 12 04:58:32 PST 2013

On 2013-02-12 12:14, monarch_dodra wrote:
> For one thing, "MessageBox" is private.

Unnecessarily hidden, because, from what I can see from a fast look at the
sources, there is no implicit requirement for there to be only one MessageBox
per thread. Maybe we're getting somewhere and this will be changed.

> As for the re-implement of receive to work on a custom Tid, maybe it might be
> better to forget about the tid, and implement it on directly on the mailbox?

Well, yes. It's more natural to work on mbox than some artificial struct.

Now, as for the usefulness of having many mailboxes. I'd rather have one mailbox
than go into a loop with receiveTimeout called for each Manager, but in your
divide&conquer example receive makes sense and keeps ordering.