A little of coordination for Rosettacode

ixid nuaccount at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:55:39 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 February 2013 at 23:55:25 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Is the Fwend user of Rosettacode (or some other interested
> person) around here? I have written partial D implementations
> for three tasks, maybe a little of coordination will speedup
> the work:
>
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Permutations/Rank_of_a_permutation
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Universal_Turing_machine
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/RCRPG
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

If you're posting code on Rosetta code you are presenting that
code as idiomatic. Doesn't that require some discussion of what
is idiomatic D? You tend to use the superfluous parens which the
properties discussion would suggest are becoming more idiomatic
not to use. You also use 'in' a lot in function inputs while
others have argued against it. This is not an attack on your code
at all, but maybe there should be some discussion of and
consensus on what is idiomatic.