A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Feb 12 10:33:54 PST 2013

ixid:

> I mean some level of D community discussion of the language as
> a whole as to what is an idiomatic style, perhaps after the
> current issues are settled, not anything specific about your
> code.

Such discussion seems better in the main D newsgroup. But it also
seems a good way to waste time with hundreds of posts that
produce nothing of value :-)

> There are areas like complex UFCS statements where it would
> help to have agreed, suggested ways of formatting.

I think this is currently a good way to format that kind of
chains, this is inspired by similar F# formatting:

auto r = fooSomething()
          .barSomething!pred1()
          .bazSomething()
          .spamSomething!fun2();

In some cases on Rosettacode I have followed that formatting
pattern.

Bye,
bearophile