Finding large difference b/w execution time of c++ and D codes for same problem

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 13:22:19 PST 2013

13-Feb-2013 01:09, Sparsh Mittal пишет:
> Pardon me, can you please point me to suitable reference or tell just
> command here. Searching on google, I could not find anything yet.
> Performance is my main concern.

GDC, seems like its mostly "build from source" kind of thing.
Moved to gitbub:
https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC
(See also newsgroup digitalmars.d.D.gnu)

GDC binaries for Windows TDM-GCC toolchain are still available there:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/downloads

AFAIK it needs 4.6.1 version of TDM toolset.

LDC(2), recent release with binaries.

https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc-0.10.0-src.tar.gz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-linux-x86_64.tar.xz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-linux-x86.tar.gz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-linux-x86.tar.xz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-osx-x86_64.tar.gz
https://github.com/downloads/ldc-developers/ldc/ldc2-0.10.0-osx-x86_64.tar.xz

(See also announce on the newsgroup digitalmars.d.D.ldc)

Both compilers ship dmd-style compiler driver called gdmd or ldmd2.
Speed is mostly what you'd expect of GCC and LLVM respectively.

--
Dmitry Olshansky