rdmd hung?

Dan dbdavidson at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 09:05:46 PST 2013

I use emacs and have command that runs rdmd. Very rarely, as a
guess maybe one in 100 calls to build, rdmd does not make any
progress and I have to kill it. So, a ps -efww shows something
like below and over 15 minutes have passed (normally max time to
build and run is a couple of seconds)

UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
1000      4065  4063  0 10:44 pts/12   00:00:00 rdmd -debug -g -w
-property foo.d

No progress is being made.
So, my questions:
- is this a potential deadlock in rdmd? I believe it attempts to
parallelize the work.
- has anyone experienced this?
- on linux is there a way, once in this state to provide any
information that would be helpful. strace during on a complete
run could help - but it is too late for that.

Thanks
Dan