std.container.RedBlackTree versus C++ std::set

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Feb 15 12:07:10 PST 2013

On Friday, February 15, 2013 19:43:07 Namespace wrote:
> > When you say things like "Andrei was considering phasing out
> > postblits..." I get nervous. Can we please have some comments
> > from Andrei/Walter about what the plans are? I'm not asking for
> > the ultimate solution - just to know the general direction and
> > where this issue stands at present. Is there anything any of us
> > can do to help move this forward?
>
> Make a new thread where Walter and Andrei may submit an official
> staement.
> There are certainly other interested and this thread is probably
> not for more suitable.

They're not going to do that until they've decided, and AFAIK, they haven't.
Attempting to essentially confront them and get them to say what they plan to
do generally doesn't get you anywhere - especially since they're unlikely to
say much until they actually are planning to do it, and it's usually the case
that no decision has been made.

- Jonathan M Davis