on DDoc macros: a small problem

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Feb 20 11:10:26 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:02:51AM -0800, Charles Hixson wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 12:51 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> >Am Tue, 19 Feb 2013 16:43:09 -0800
> >schrieb Charles Hixson<charleshixsn at earthlink.net>:
> >
> >>I have, towards the start of my file:
> >>
> >>   /** Macros:
> >>   * Note = $(BR)$(BIG$(B$(GREEN  Note:)))
> >>   * Em = $(B$(BLUE $0))
> >>   * DoNotUse = $(B Do Not Use $0)
> >>   */
> >>
> >>Why do I need that DoNotUse macro to terminate the Em macro?  If I
> >>don't include it, the Em macro picks up the first line of the next
> >>documentation comment, and includes it as a part of itself.  I'm
> >>clearly doing something wrong, but I have no idea what.
[...]

I'm not sure if I'm completely off-base here, but have you tried
inserting a space between the macro name and its parameters? Like:

	Em = $(B $(BLUE $0))

Does that make a difference?

If not, I'd say you should file a bug in the issue tracker
(d.puremagic.com/issues) so that people won't forget it needs to be
fixed.

Never wrestle a pig. You both get covered in mud, and the pig likes it.