Transparent ANSI to UTF-8 conversion

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 20:25:07 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 27 February 2013 at 10:56:16 UTC, Lubos Pintes
wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to transparently convert from ANSI to UTF-8 when
> dealing with text files. For example here in Slovakia,
> virtually every text file is in Windows-1250. If someone opens
> a text file, he or she expects that it will work properly. So I
> suppose, that it is not feasible to tell someone "if you want
> to use my program, please convert every text to UTF-8".

  A while back I wrote a little code that effectively does that,
mind you it's probably not the right specific encoding, however
you should be able to find the code points and replace them. I
think this was for iso-8859-1.

See "Reading ASCII file with some codes above 127 (exten ascii)"

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/lehgyzmwewgvkdgraizv@forum.dlang.org