Concurrency and program speed

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Feb 28 07:27:50 PST 2013

On 02/28/2013 03:15 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
> The times reported here are for programs compiled with GDC, but using LDC or DMD
> produces similar behaviour.

Come to that, so does a C example put together using pthreads -- just in case
anyone thought I was holding D responsible.  But I'm somewhat curious as to why.

More general question: when using spawn(), is there a means to control the
maximum number of simultaneous threads, other than not spawning them?  Something
akin to std.parallelism's totalCPUs.