Best way to handle settings files (ini file syntax or similar)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Feb 28 10:11:09 PST 2013

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 18:57:37 Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 February 2013 at 17:53:08 UTC, Stephan Schiffels
>
> wrote:
> > Am 27.02.13 21:36, schrieb Dicebot:
> >> For anything even remotely complex I would have probably
> >> chosen JSON, either new std.json pending for review (not
> >> current std.json!) or vibe.data.json from vibed.org project.
> >
> > Which std.json are you referring to? There is no std.json2 or
> > something in the review queue.
>
> Hm, now that I look at wiki, probably false memories. I could
> have sworn I have tried one intended to be proposed for review
> about a year ago and can't anything resembling it now when you
> asked :(

A while ago Robert Jacques (if I remember who it was correctly) indicated that
he had a major rewrite of std.json, but it required an overhaul of std.variant
(which he'd also done), so that would have needed to be done first. However, he
never got any of it ready for review. IIRC, he felt that needed to polish some
stuff up before that, and he doesn't appear to ever have done it. So, I have no
idea where that stands now. He's still around and posts at least from time to
time, but maybe he just doesn't have time to work on D right now. I don't
know.

- Jonathan M Davis