structs are now lvalues - what is with "auto ref"?

jerro a at a.com
Tue Jan 1 16:38:47 PST 2013

> So it is ready to merge?

I honestly don't know. I don't know enough about the DMD code
base to be confident that there aren't some serious problems with
my changes.

Another problem is that it isn't entirely clear how auto ref is
supposed to work. Should auto ref on templates work as it does
now or should it be the same as auto ref on non template
functions? How should auto ref affect overloading?

Maybe it's best to just make a pull request and let others
inspect the changes and discuss the semantics of auto ref. Or
maybe it would be better to make a thread in digitalmars.D first?

But in any case, I strongly doubt this has any chance of being in
2.061.