module and function names

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 2 13:09:07 PST 2013

On Wednesday, January 02, 2013 19:27:31 Russel Winder wrote:
> I am finding that I cannot have a function of the same name as a module
> using D. Is this just me missing something or is it right that module
> names and function names are in the same name category?

AFAIK, it works just fine. It's just that if you use the name by itself, it's
going to find the module, so you need to use the full import path to use the
function. IIRC, the last time that it came up, Walter said that that's how
it's intended to work, but I'd have to go digging through the archives to be
sure of what he said exactly.

- Jonathan M Davis