asynchronous communication between threads

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:40:00 PST 2013

02-Jan-2013 03:54, Charles Hixson пишет:
> If I were to use the below as an asynchronous communication channel,
> would it avoid deadlocks (presuming that only Cell called Msg) and that
> when a thread activated Cell, the first thing it did was process it's
> mailbox?
> Also, if only around 7 cells were created in the main thread, would RAM
> usage remain reasonable (i.e., when a thread was through with an MCell,
> would only one copy continue to exist in RAM?  Or would there be a copy
> for each thread that had ever referenced it?  Should MCell instances be
> marked shared?

That's a lot of questions to ask and currently I hardly can decipher the
whole logic from this and the code below alone, too much is behind the
scenes.

I'm willing to help out if you could post a more complete example or
more accurate questions as e.g. "created 7 cells in main thread" could
be done very differently.

Also a nit at this size of code (and for me it's unformatted) I'd
recommend linking to the code on some paste service e.g. dpaste
http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/.

[snip]

--
Dmitry Olshansky