Customizing ddoc from cmd-line

Peter Sommerfeld noreply at rubrica.at
Sun Jan 6 03:00:21 PST 2013

06.01.2013 Ali Çehreli wrote>:

> On 01/05/2013 11:23 AM, Peter Sommerfeld wrote:
>  >
>  > I seem to be unable to customize DDoc from the
>  > command line.
>  >
>  > Suppose the sources are in "src", docs in "doc".
>  > Here is my command line (Win7 if that matters):
>  >
>  > dmd -D -Dddoc doc/my.ddoc src/main.d
>  >
>  > Nothing happens...
>  >
>  > What I would like to do is to add a style sheet
>  > as described in http://dlang.org/ddoc.html.
>  > Isn't it not possible from the cmdline or do
>  > I something wrong here ? How to make it working ?
>  >
>  > Peter
>
> I used to have issues with ddoc. I remember that I solved it by
> rearranging the files on the command line.
>
> When I compare to the one that works for me, I don't see a -D on my
> command line. (?) Something like the following may work for you:
>
>    dmd doc/my.ddoc src/main.d -Dfddoc/main.html
>
> Ali

Thanks Ali, that works. But other then I expected the command line
seems to be usable for macros only, not to redefine the page/css.
Probably I have to use sc.ini to include a css etc. But I'm not sure
it is worth the effort.

Another option would be to utilize the JSON output (-X). It contains
the needed info, unfortunately the header comment on top of the
module is missing.

Anyway, I have to investigate the issue further.

Peter