Why is immutable not possible as a result of a reduce expression?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Jan 6 12:28:05 PST 2013

On Sunday, January 06, 2013 05:33:04 Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 1/6/13, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com> wrote:
> > In D, the term storage class is used for pretty much any attribute on a
> > variable which is not a type constructor
>
> This topic pops up in the newsgroups every once in a while[1]. Maybe
> we should properly document it in the docs, a special section on
> storage class vs type qualifier (or type constructor or whatever it's
> called).
>
> There is documentation for function parameter storage classes[2], but
> that's about it.
>
> 1:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Definitive_list_of_stor
> age_classes_164063.html 2: http://dlang.org/function.html#parameters

Well, since no one (including Walter or Andrei) could give a propery definition
for storage class last time I brought it up, I don't know what we'd put in the
docs. If you or someone else can come up with something appropriate though,
that would be great. It's clear which are type qualifiers / constructors, but
everything else has to be inferred from that.

- Jonathan M Davis