Inner function overload bug?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 10 20:57:11 PST 2013

On 1/10/2013 5:49 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 10:12 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>> It's conform to the spec
>>
>> http://dlang.org/function.html
>>
>> Last line of the 'nested functions' subsection:
>>
>> "Nested functions cannot be overloaded."
>> Nested functions cannot be overloaded.
>
> Note that this is a case of the spec being adapted to the implementation. It has been added after I complained about the
> DMD behaviour.

Careful with that sort of logic.  Just because the spec was updated such that it matches the implementation does NOT
mean that it was because that just happens to be the implementation.  It's also likely that it was _intentional_ and had
the spec been written first it would have been done the same way.

If you want to propose changing the behavior, do that, but don't attempt to blame the implementation as the reason for
the spec.