static vs non-static

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sun Jan 13 09:17:53 PST 2013

On Sunday, 13 January 2013 at 16:23:27 UTC, Zhenya wrote:
> On Sunday, 13 January 2013 at 16:18:36 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
>> Yes, it is a problem - dmd allows to call static functions on
>> instance. When both match, it issues ambiguity error.
> Hmmm...So it will remain as it is?
> It hurts me a little bit(

Frankly speaking I do not know - I keep an eye on D project for
some period of time and remember how some features I considered
stable were easily changed. If Walter is for current behavior -
than it will remain as it is (unless Walter is overpersuaded).

What I would do is not writing code which is looking for problems.

BTW, take look at this thread
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/pkodcsxwwehumhtkrlty@forum.dlang.org
(posts 1-3).