Processes

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 20:26:02 PST 2013

On 01/13/2013 08:01 AM, Tomas wrote:
> Hey, guys.
>
> I need to get all running processes list, and kill one. (example: Find
> all processes and if skype.exe is running, kill it.)

---
import std.stdio;
import std.process;

//assuming we want to kill "htop"
void main() {
     killProcess("htop");
}

void killProcess(string n){
     version(linux) {
         auto processNumber = shell("pgrep "~ n);
         writeln(n ~" process number is: "~processNumber);

	shell("kill "~ processNumber);
         writeln(n ~" has been killed.");
     }

     version(Windows) {// I don't know windows enough, your turn.

---

I assume it would be similar on Windows, since you will need to go
through the OS in any case, but this is a simple, hastily written
example since no one else has answered.