Mixin Template: cannot mixin scope(exit)?

1100110 0b1100110 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:26:30 PST 2013

On 01/13/2013 11:35 PM, 1100110 wrote:
> Ok, I wish to create a standard timing system so that I can measure ~how
> long each function takes to execute.
>
> I wish to be able to place at the start of a function
> version(Time) mixin TimeExecution("funcName");
>
> mixin template TimeExecution(T) if(isSomeString!T) {
> import std.stdio, std.datetime, std.conv;
>
> auto sw = StopWatch(AutoStart.yes);
> // Error: Declaration expected, not '('
> scope(exit) writeln(T, ": ", to!Duration(sw.peek));
> }
>

> Why do I receive the Error when the scope statement is included?
> Is this an error, or what is the rationale behind the decision?
>
> Thank you.

It appears that you cannot mixin *any* statement with
scope([exit,success,etc]) in it.

I have been rereading my copy of TDPL, and it states that mixin
statements must be valid D code, and there can be multiple 'scope()'
statements.

Since "scope(exit) writeln();" is valid D code, and refuses to compile
in a mixin, I assume that this is a bug.

I've been digging through the bug tracker and I cannot find a duplicate
bug, so if someone can confirm that this is a bug, I'll create a report.