Does the new alias syntax not support extern for function types?

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 04:11:09 PST 2013

On 2013-04-15 13:01, Mike Parker <aldacron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, 14 January 2013 at 21:00:12 UTC, Simen Kjaeraas wrote:
>> alias foo = extern(System) void function();
>>
>> Gives me an error about expecting basic type, not extern.
>
> extern(System) alias void function() foo;

But that's the old syntax, with which one can do this:

alias extern(System) void function() foo;

I'm talking about the new syntax, with =. Apparently, this does
support prefix extern, as you show:

extern(System) alias foo = void function();

I guess that's the solution, but it seems weird to me that it
does not support extern where the old syntax does.

--
Simen