extern (D)?

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Jan 17 20:37:25 PST 2013

On Friday, 18 January 2013 at 02:08:46 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> The other way is to use D interface files, which the compiler
> can
> automatically generate for you if you pass the -H switch. Also
> use the
> -op switch if you're generating multiple files at once, which
> will
> preserve directory paths.

The documentation says that the interface files will only contain
the parts of a module's source code that is required for linking,
however I read somewhere that it pretty much does nothing but
strip out the comments because it needs the full source code for
a inlining, CTFE, and templates. So I'd have to manually modify
or construct them manually, which means I'll lose some abilities,
but that may be OK for some situations.

For classes and structs, I have no idea how to leave out the
implementation details.

--rt