How to use a function without their sources

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:32:53 PST 2013

On 1/18/13, nazriel <spam at dzfl.pl> wrote:
> Show me a working solution to question from first post.
>
> "How to use existing static D library *WITHOUT* using .DI files".
> You can't edit library itself, so adding extern(C) to functions
> won't work.
> You can't create .DI file - which is the main question from first
> post.

That formulation makes no sense. If it's not his library the provider
will either give the .d files or autogenerated/handwritten .di files.
He won't just get a naked static library without supporting files.

And if he controls the library, he will either have to autogenerate
.di files, or handwrite them. Even if he uses extern(C) he will still
have to provide a .d file with all extern(C) functions and types.