Assembly - 64-bit registers supported?

deed none at none.none
Sun Jan 20 06:21:40 PST 2013

>> Do I need another linker?
>
> Ach, Windows.
>
> Yeah, you need VS Linker when compiling for 64bits on Windows.
> Can't help you more with this. I think there is somewhere
> step-by-step guide for 64bits+windows. (wiki.dlang.org maybe?
> not sure)

Thanks for your help!

The solution that worked out for me:
- compile with -m64
- convert objs to coffs (with external tool)
- link with microsoft visual studio linker. (Include
phobos64.lib, libcmt.lib, oldnames.lib, shell32.lib and
kernel32.lib)

I couldn't find the -m64 switch by running dmd or at
http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html. Is there another hidden switch
to output coff-format directly?

Also, I didn't get it to work by configuring the sc.ini file and
ended up with lots of unresolved symbols. Anyone having a correct
sc.ini file they could post?