Atomic updates

qznc qznc at go.to
Mon Jan 21 13:47:51 PST 2013

On Monday, 21 January 2013 at 20:35:16 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> qznc:
>
>> Code: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/e6615a53
>>
>> Any comments or improvements?
>
> I have reformatted your code a little, according to the style
> used in all other D entries of RosettaCode:
>
> http://codepad.org/ceDyQ8lE
>
> The usage of a sink for toString() isn't common, but it's OK.
>
> I suggest to add something to make it stop after 20 seconds or
> so (I run all the rosettacode entries every so often to test
> them, so I prefer them to not go on forever. Some entries are
> required to produce infinite loops, but I think this time it's
> not necessary).

Thanks for the feedback. I made another iteration on your changes.

http://codepad.org/9xB58cbE

* Since display is not performance critical, relying on
AA.toString for formatting is nicer.
* I'm not sure about "alias value this" in Bucket. It shows off a
nice feature, but might be confusing for Rosetta visitors, due to
its subtle effects.
* A running variable to stop execution after some time.