shared std.signals

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 23 00:10:50 PST 2013

On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 08:17:57 Joshua Niehus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 at 07:11:59 UTC, Joshua Niehus
>
> wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a shared signal class?
>
> oh god... dont tell me __gshared !
> Think i answered my own question, it got me to the next step.
> going to have to read through those giant "shared" threads again

shared still needs to be sorted out. The basic idea is solid, but the details
need work. Right now, you basically have to cast it to thread-local all over
the place to do much of anything with shared variable (obviously requiring
that you protect that code with a mutex or synchronized block or whatnot so
that it's thread-safe). It's not clear at this point what exactly we're going
to do to improve shared.

- Jonathan M Davis